Students are woefully unprepared before heading overseas. A school handbook and a list of phone numbers is GUARANTEED to set you up for failure. Not sure where to start?
This 14-page e-guide will walk you through the eight main challenges to set you up for success.
Eight main challenges that students face abroad:
- Do you know what to ask your adviser or study abroad coordinator?
- How do I adapt / blend in to the new culture?
- Safety: Understanding the security situation in-country.
- Who do I contact in case of an emergency? How do I keep these numbers organized and developing a backup plan?
- Will my phone work over there?
- The Dip: The emotional low that happens around month two. Are you prepared for it?
- Area Familiarization – The faster you acclimate to your neighborhood, the faster you can get down to enjoying your new digs.
- Cash: How do I take it over there, how much do I need and how do I get more if there’s an emergency.