Function + Fashion.
Ever traveled around Europe by train… completely wiped out, unable to sleep, worried about pickpockets getting into your bag (even though you’ve got your backpack in your lap or under your feet)? So what do you do?
In 2011 when replacing my old bag, my main concern was comfort; I knew I would be doing a lot of walking around with it loaded up. The bonus was the plethora of security features. I made the switch and it checks all the boxes:
- Multiple compartments
- All three compartments have fasteners or hidden zippers
- Main compartment can be locked (I use a paddle lock so I don’t have extra keys to lose).
- Laptop sleeve in main compartment
- Mesh outside pockets for bottles or easy access items
- Lightweight (1lb 5.2 oz) with slim and comfortable shoulder straps
- Comfortable – can load it up without it leaving dents in your shoulders
Over the last few years I’ve taken this thing everywhere. It’s functioned as my bookbag, travel bag and hotel safe; I leave the pack in my hotel with a lock on it as a secondary safe for electronics or papers too large for the Pacsafe safe.
Specs: weight and size 1 lb 5.2 oz (H x W x D): 45 x 26 x 16 cm / 17.7 x 10.2 x 6.3″
While Pacsafe has done away with the model I still sport, they have continued to update the VentureSafe series.
Whether as carry-on luggage or only bag on a ten day trip in Europe this bag can handle it all.
How do you keep your stuff safe while traveling?